I will add descriptions of the studios as I get a chance to visit the studios. I’ll leave you to decide on the teachers because that’s very much a matter of what you like and want from your yoga practice.
This is a list of the various yoga studios in the Richmond area.
- 3S Yoga Center in Churchill area
- Align Yoga, Rocks and Reiki in Churchill area. This studio is in an old building, two levels. There is the basement where they have reiki and massage and some yoga/sound events. The upper level is a shop with all kinds of crystals, jewelry etc for sale on the walls. This actually adds flavor to the atmosphere, you don’t feel like you’re practicing in a store. I went to a couple of sound healing events there on both levels and enjoyed them tremendously. Parking not so much. It’s street and parallel.
- Coconut Elephant Yoga is in North Chesterfield. It’s part of a doctor’s office which threw me when I went to visit. I thought I had put the address in wrong. The doctor’s office is more prominently advertised and you have to go through a waiting room area to get to the yoga studio. The space itself has no windows which creates for a quiet muted area along with commercial carpet (residential carpet is hard to do balance poses on). I did a sound bath there and loved the acoustics (photo on sound healing page) If you live in the area, it would be a nice place to practice yoga. Especially since they’re very open to sound as a healing element!
- Glenmore Yoga and Wellness Center is in the West End. This studio is in a strip mall. Don’t let that fool you. The ceilings are high, there is original artwork on the hall walls for sale, jewelry in cases, books for loan, and separate massage rooms. There are two yoga rooms. The largest one can hold a lot of people. There is no décor other than some led candles, the carpet and walls are the same beige color. This is an old established studio.
- Guiding Tree Yoga in Henrico West End on Gayton road in the Tuckahoe area. This studio is one big room with a lot of filtered light, soft colors, plenty of props, with a nice sound system. The class I took I kept thinking there actually was someone playing the gong and bowls in the room but it was just the sound system. Parking is in a lot with maybe 18 spaces. The area is mostly residential though they are next door to NOVA which is a year round swim center.
- Heart of Yoga is in Goochland County Manakin area
- Hot House Yoga Midlothian in North Chesterfield County close to 288 West End.
- Hot Yoga Richmond North Chesterfield County
- Humble Haven Yoga Henrico County
- Integral Yoga Center in Carytown area
- SoulShine Studios is the Stony Point Park area.
- Studio D Chesterfield County. This is right off the Powhite Parkway so it’s easy to get to. The space is on the second level and divided into a reception area with sofas, a massage room, a reiki room, a small kitchen and a yoga space. The decor creates a peaceful inviting space. Plenty of parking because it’s a business complex with many buildings. The large bathroom is shared by the many businesses.
- The Hot Yoga Barre Willow Lawn and Midlothian
- True North Yoga and Wellness Henrico County close to Lakeside
- The Sunny Side is in Scott’s Addition
- Yoga Dojo West End near Libbie Mill, Willow Lawn, and St Mary’s Hospital. It isn’t far from I64. It’s a nice facility. I took a class with 30 people in it and we still had plenty of room to throw our arms out to the side. Adjacent to it (as in part of it) is a wellness center that does massage, acupuncture, and more. Décor is black and white, very clean, and lots of bathrooms! Lots of parking also, which is important when you have a class of 30. They also have a lot going on besides just classes like retreats, 200 teacher training, and specialized classes focused on meditation, meridians, etc.
- YogaSix is in Scott’s Addition and Regency Square